Having excess moisture and condensation can have detrimental effects on a building. It will be causing dampness, mould and mildew as well as structural damage on long standing. This is actually particularly a problem in roof spaces. Due to this giving adequate roof ventilation is important. This is the thing that must be designed and created by the roof installing team. Tapco is the leading roof tile dealer in India dealing with best quality roofing materials and professional roof tile installing services.
As the warm air rises and carries moisture with it, it is quite natural for it to end up in the roof spaces. As time passes, when the warm air hits a cooler surface like the cold roof, then condensation occurs. This then sit on the surface or drip back into the building. This could be a reason for roof failure. Solution for this is to endure effective roof ventilation. With the ventilation, moisture can easily pass out of the building before the condensation occurs. The Tapco is providing best ceramic roof tiles in India that are water resistant. Using roof tiles from Tapco can prevent such problems up to an extent.
What are the
Sources of Moisture in Roofs?
be moisture on the roof spaces from several different sources. First step in
dealing with this problem is, understanding where excess moisture content is
present and ensuring adequate roof ventilation.
- Weather – This is actually unavoidable threat to roof. Rainwater and having high humidity in the atmosphere can be a source of moisture. When the roof is well constructed, it will keep out most of the rainwater. Sometimes, the occupational droplets may get through. These aren’t typically a problem for roofs. Having a leaky roof is a worse problem that will need to be repaired for keeping the moisture out.
- Due to Occupant Activities – Occupant activities like taking showers, cooking food, drying clothes, etc. will generate huge amount of moisture. Here we must try some best ways to deal with such sources of moisture. It can be done through combination of extraction fans, opening windows and ensuring adequate roof ventilation.
- Moisture from Building Materials– In newly- build constructions, there will be significant amount of residual moisture present with the building materials. For this to dry out, it will take at least two years. During this time, the moisture must be allowed to escape through the roof ventilations given on the roofs.
The roof flashings play an integral role in preventing leaks of the roof. They efficiently help in keeping the water out. This roof flashing typically comprises of copper, aluminum or any other galvanized sheet metal. These flashings will work as a thing to seal between the roof joints. For different roofs, roof flashings made of different materials are used. The Tapco roofing is delivering all kinds of roofing materials to the customers. They also install the roof tiles and roof flashings perfectly. The Tapco is the best roof tile brand in Kerala to provide all roofing materials.
of the Roof
parts of the roof, they tend to be more vulnerable to water damage and leaks.
In such cases, the roofflashings can serve as an extra layer of protection. The
areas like roof surface of dormer walls, chimneys, roof valleys, skylight
perimeters, etc. are susceptible to these kinds of problems. The water runoff
could be heavier, thus secure and effective flashing is very much important.
What are the
Different Types of Roof Flashings?
The roof flashings are not a single type of thing that will fit for all kinds of roof features. It varies depending upon the style and architecture. This could even differ from one part of the roof to another. The Tapco has gained popularity as the best roofing brand in Thrissur with the excellence in services. Here we can see few kinds of roof flashings that you may find on the roofs.
Chimneys – Here there will be flashings at the bottom of the chimney. The step
flashing surrounding the sides of the chimney, moreover, there will be saddle
flashing for the top.
– In case of sloped roof or vertical walls, this is the common kind of roof
flashing. Other features will include drip edges that will help in preventing
water seepage that will occur under the roof’s surface.
– Here with a shape like ‘w’, we protect the valleys in the area by which two
roof planes come together. This will come over the top side of building and can
be felt prior installation of finishing material of the roof.
pipes – Vent pipes will be an unavoidable part on most of the roofs. Here, this
type goes over pipes and flues. This is usually shaped like a cone that is
having a base flange which can fit into the roof tiles.
There are a number of roof flashings available in the market. The Tapco roofing is providing best roof flasings and are the leading roof tile dealer in Thrissur.